Yellowhead Tribal Council (YTC)
Yellowhead Tribal Council was established in 1977 to advance the educational, social, political and economic development interests of its member nations. YTC continues to operate as a First Nation Tribal Council delivering technical services to its current nation members: Alexander, Alexis, O’Chiese & Sunchild.Visit the YTC Website
Northern Isga Foundation
In 2001, the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation established “Eagle River Casino”. Eagle River Casino is regulated by the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission in compliance with the terms and conditions of Eagle River’s Casino License, the Criminal Code (Canada), the Gaming and Liquor Act (Alberta), and the Gaming and Liquor Regulation (Alberta).
In 2007, the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation also established Northern Isga Foundation which is a non-profit organization sanctioned by the Alexis Chief and Council (Shareholders) to operate as Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation’s Host First Nation Charitable Organization for Eagle River Casino.
Northern Isga Foundation receives its License from Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (annually) and are governed by a Board of Directors, who are appointed by the Alexis Chief and Council. The foundation is regulated in compliance with;
- the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation’s Casino Agreement;
- NIF’s Charity Licensing Agreement (NIF & AGLC);
- the Criminal Code of Canada (Municipal, Provincial and Federal Laws);
- the policy framework established by the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission on First Nation’s Gaming; and,
- the Alberta Business Corporations Act.
Northern Isga Foundation has two main functions:
- Maintain, manage and supervise Eagle River Casino Registered Gaming “Charity” Workers.
- Disburse Casino revenues from the Eagle River Casino in accordance with AGLC Host First Nation Charitable Casino Policies.